- 1 Tbsp. adobo seasoning or salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1½ lbs. beef top round or flank steak, sliced into strips, ½-inch thickness
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 orange, juiced
- 1 tsp. white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 6 sweet peppers (red, yellow, and orange), sliced
- Additional salt, to taste
Combine spices, garlic, and cilantro. Optional: grind ingredients into a paste using a mortar and pestle or a food processor.
In a bowl, add the sliced meat, seasoning mixture, lime juice, orange juice, and vinegar. Stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
Heat skillet over medium heat, then pour in olive oil. Add the meat and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring regularly.
Remove the meat and set aside. Add bell pepper, onion, and sweet peppers to the skillet. Season with salt and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
Return steak to the skillet and mix to combine the meat and veggies.
Serve with tortillas or a side of rice.