Colorful and Chic
Photos by Philip Slowiak
1. The beautiful detailed molding found throughout the room also cleverly disguises under-cabinet lighting. A light rail covers this under-cabinet lighting, which provides extra illumination for kitchen tasks. The lighting brings an added level of convenience to the kitchen, making prep work or cooking easier at any time of day or night.
2. A tall appliance garage above the countertop provides a stylish, discreet way of storing the kitchen’s smaller appliances. It’s spacious enough to be used for storing tools like a blender, mixer, or food processor, so that when they’re needed, one can simply open the cabinet door instead of having to deal with unwieldy, out-of-reach storage.
3. Deep drawers allow for all of the kitchen storage space a home cook could possibly desire. There’s plenty of room for pots and pans, and the polished bar pulls that serve as drawer handles add an elegant shine to the already-gleaming white kitchen space.
4. A spice rack is a necessity for any gourmet kitchen, and this kitchen features a cabinet insert for storing all of the seasonings one might need. This way, spice containers won’t clutter up valuable space on the stunning quartzite countertops, but instead remain easily accessible to anyone preparing a meal.
5. The appliances that furnish this kitchen are all top-of-the-line and perfect for anyone who loves to cook. The stainless-steel Sub-Zero refrigerator shown here features ample storage and deep shelves, which is a must when working with fresh produce and ingredients. The kitchen also features a 48-inch Wolf range complete with a Venetian plaster range hood.
Cabinetry: Scarlett’s Cabinetry | Kitchen & Cabinetry Design: Jackie Howard, Scarlett’s Cabinetry | Countertops & Tile: The Tile Store | Appliances: Ferguson | Builder: HGH Construction, LLC | Interior Design: JL Brewer Designs