- Rich cherry inset cabinetry immediately sets the tone of this traditional, yet transitional kitchen. The double-stacked upper cabinets extend to the ceiling and can be used to tuck away seasonal or rarely used items. Glass panels and open shelving have also been incorporated into the cabinetry design, allowing complete versatility when it comes to kitchen décor.
- Timeless, functional, and brimming with warmth and rustic appeal, brick wraps the walls and serves as the eye-catching backsplash in this kitchen. Brick backsplashes are well-loved for their durability, able to guard against the messiest spills and splatters.
- If the kitchen is the heart of the home, then the raised bar-height peninsula is the heart of this kitchen. Sporting Typhoon Bordeaux granite countertops, the peninsula acts as a prep space and as a room divider – separating the kitchen from the entertaining while still allowing the cook to engage with family and guests.
- Ambient lighting plays a key role in adding design flourish to this kitchen. Just above the peninsula hang two industrial pendant lights, which further the intricate style while bringing in another layer of light to the space. Installing plenty of under-cabinet lighting also helps to brighten the room and its dark finishes.
- The kitchen’s custom hood
was designed to match the aesthetic of the cherry cabinetry – creating a continuous visual flow. To supply emphasis and variation, the range hood cabinet has a small shelf that could display artwork or décor, if desired.
Cabinetry: Classic Cabinetry
Cabinetry design: Kris Keith, Classic Cabinetry
Appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing fixtures: Ferguson
Builder: Dexter White Construction
Countertops: Granite Warehouse
Interior design: Lynn Lepcio