Hatch Chile Grits Bowl
- 1 jar (8 oz.) of your favorite red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1 fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced
- White cheddar gritsFried chicken breastSautéed red onionSautéed kaleGreen hatch chilesSunny side up egg
- To make red pepper jelly sauce, add jelly, vinegar, lime zest and juice, and jalapeño to a small saucepan.
- Heat over low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken.
- To create the dish, add a serving of grated white cheddar cheese to grits that have been prepared according to package instructions.
- Plate the grits and then top with a fried chicken breast.
- Add onion and kale that have been sautéed until tender and top with diced green hatch chiles and a sunny side up egg.
- Pour as much red pepper jelly sauce as you like over the top, but a little goes a long way!