“Cajun cooking plays such an important role in Southern cuisine. What makes this dish unexpected is its combination of Cajun and Italian ingredients.”
-Nathan Diener, Parkway Pourhouse
Jamba Sotto Recipe
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup andouille sausage, sliced into moons
- 1/4 cup Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened redfish magic seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 12 shrimp
- 1/2 cup chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- In a 4-quart stockpot, cook onions, celery, green bell pepper, and sausage over medium-high heat until the veggies are soft.
- Add in redfish seasoning Fand roasted garlic and stir to combine.
- Cook for a few additional minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant and then add the rice.
- Stir mixture until well combined and add enough chicken stock to cover all of the ingredients.
- Lower heat until the dish is simmering, being mindful to add more stock in small quantities as the rice absorbs all of the liquid.
- It should take approximately 20 minutes for the rice to become fully cooked, and there should be no liquid